Tuesday, July 17, 2012

High Low Skirts


Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of posts lately! My last two weeks were spent in Europe, where I noticed some trends that will soon pop up in the States. My favorite trend was the high-low skirt. The skirts I saw had a hem that was higher in the front, and lower in the back, like this one from shopeclectique.com ... 
I love this look for many reasons, the main one being that it's just so different from any other styles of skirts you'll see. The second reason is because it's versatile. This skirt can go with a lot of different shirts, while still making a statement because of its unique hemline. The last reason I love high-low skirts is that most of them look really feminine. The ruffles and soft color give off a girly appearance to any outfit. 
Like I said before, it's fairly easy to create an outfit with one of these skirts. If you find one in a simple color, it's even easier. As you can see in this picture (above) from chictopia.com, all it takes is a simple floral top to make the high-low skirt into a fashionable outfit. 
In my opinion, the high-low skirt is my favorite trend I've seen recently. It's unique hemline will provide a statement, but the solid color is versatile and can be worn in many different ways. Look for these skirts at trendy stores like Forever 2, H&M, and Urban Outfitters. 

1 comment: